This video tells you a few heartening things about writers:
1. Yes, you CAN become an author. Requirement: massive alphabetized bookshelves.
2. LOOK at these people. They are normal beings whose kids might not like their work, and dress up like Napoleonic pirates - not too different from you.
3. "Lazy Little Loafers" can give modern self-absorbed children the positive kick in the trousers they've always needed. Buy today! And then they'll turn around and write a nasty book about you as a parent 30 years later!
4. Always wanted to become your own best chemistry set? Find inspiration from "Guinea Pig Diaries".
5. Have delusions of grandeur? So does the author who wants to make William F. Buckley "look like an illiterate fool", along with Ammon Shea.
6. EVEN FAULKNER FANS CAN'T GET THROUGH TRISTAM SHANDY!!
7. Always harbored a Steinbeck-flavoured fantasy of becoming a chicken farmer? See how it's done here.
- ▼ 2011 (14)
- ► 2010 (10)